DON SERVICES Home Health Agency/ Skilled Nursing Private Duty Care
DON Services, Inc. HHA is committed to providing a level of quality care that encourages the safe and cost-effective delivery of home health services, maximizing Consumer autonomy, and coordination of community and HHA resources, to decrease illness burden and unnecessary duplication of services, thereby promoting positive Self-directed Consumer outcomes.
DON Services, Inc. HHA is committed to the provision of home health services that assist the consumer to maximize his/her well being. The HHA is committed to maximum consumer participation in healthcare choices and decisions, respecting each individual’s rights and needs for self-determination.
Home Health Agency
Medicare Home Health is defined as Home health care is defined as skilled services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury by Professional healthcare staff. Home health care is more effective and less costly than the care received in a hospital or a skilled nursing home setting.
In order to receive this benefit you must be able to meet the following conditions:
- You must be under a care of a doctor and your doctor must be willing to submit a prescription or order to support a plan of care.
- Your doctor must certify that you need “intermittent” skilled nursing care and therapy.
- You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify you are homebound, which means:
- Leaving your home isn’t recommended because of your condition.
- Your condition keeps you from leaving home without help.
- Leaving home takes a considerable and taxing effort.
- Home health care has a predicted end.
Skilled Private Duty Care:
Pennsylvania operates several Medicaid Waiver programs that provide skilled nursing private duty to low-income families. Don Services has skilled nurses for Private Duty care through the Waiver programs.
- Services must be ordered by a physician.
- Skilled nursing is individual, and can be continuous, intermittent, or part time nursing services based on individual’s assessed need.
This service is available through the Medicaid Waiver Programs to assist those with chronic illness or disability who need added help maintaining themselves or their child in their own home.